RFID How Blog
CSL Launches Affordable, Reliable UHF RFID Handheld Sled with Longest Read Range in Industry
Posted on Monday, April 24th, 2017 by Transtech Systems
—The powerful read range of the CS108 UHF handheld sled reader combined with a mobile device will make taking inventory counts faster than ever—
HONG KONG — April 24, 2017 — Convergence Systems Limited (CSL), a global provider of passive RFID products and active RTLS equipment, today announced the CS108 UHF handheld sled reader offering the longest read range in the industry. The rugged RFID reader features seamless Bluetooth® integration with Android or iPhone platforms, an optional 2D barcode module and a read range of 18 meters.
The new CS108 UHF RFID Handheld Sled Reader is designed to read and write to RAIN RFID transponders (EPC Class 1 Gen 2 /ISO18000-6C) and communicate via Bluetooth® wireless technology with a variety of host devices running Apple iOS and Android operating systems. Designed for versatility, the new handheld reader is ideal for a wide range of industries and applications, including supply chain management, stock inventory control, asset and data management, and logistics.
“The rugged CS108 UHF RFID reader is compatible with today’s most popular devices, offers a 2D barcode option and delivers the longest read range in the industry today at 18 meters,” said Jerry Garrett, CSL Managing Director. “This ruggedized RFID reader is lightweight, comfortable and optimized for both long battery life and ergonomic comfort.”
“CSL did it again! Seven years ago, they made the impossibly-good CS101 handheld with fixed reader performance in a handheld. The CS108 is the refresh we’ve wanted and they have set standard for best-in-class performance in a handheld reader, said Carl Brown, CEO of SimplyRFID.
“Our engineers were amazed at the performance of the CS108 UHF handheld sled reader and the readability through windshields with various compositions of safety glass for our transportation and access control applications”, reported Robert Karr, STAR Systems International.
Delivering breakthrough performance, the CS108 from CSL establishes new industry benchmarks for affordability and functionality with a read range far exceeding competitive offerings. The CS108 will carry an end user price of $1,399 or $1,299, depending on barcode module option, and offer a two-year factory warranty. Availability is expected in May 2017.
CSL will demonstrate the CS108 UHF handheld sled reader in Booth #642 at RFID Journal LIVE in Phoenix, May 9–11, 2017.
CSL Family of RFID Antennas Are in Demand
Posted on Saturday, September 26th, 2015 by Transtech Systems
As more industries continue to take advantage of the benefits of RFID, the technology is finding its way into a growing number of diverse applications. In order to accommodate the best fist, performance and price for each individual application, CSL offers a variety of UHF RFID antennas.
- CSL’s circular polarized antennas are designed to read tags in any orientation for greater flexibility in implementation.
- For applications where the tag orientation and reading direction is known and controllable, CSL offers linear polarized UHF RFID antennas suited for both long-range and near-field operation.
- CSL’s ultra-thin UHF RFID antennas offer an extremely thin form factor (6mm) for applications with limited space for antenna mounting, such as retail display cabinets and conveyor belts. This antenna is perfect for use anywhere a thin form factor is needed, such as the retail store, document control and the production line.
- The CSL square near-field antenna is ideally suited for item-level tagging. Near-field technology enables items rich in water content to be tagged, including food and pharmaceutical products. With a versatile design and exceptional read rate, this square antenna can be mounted in various configurations in a range of environments, from the point of sale counter or factory production line, to a distribution center or hospital.
- CSL’s product offering of UHF RFID antennas also includes access control antennas to trigger operation of an electric door lock or barrister arm, offering LED lights and a buzzer for visual and audio alerts.
Whether you are deploying RFID for Cold Chain Logistics, Access Control, Retail Management, Warehouse Management, Asset Tracking or Healthcare, you can rest assured that CSL offers the right antenna for the best read performance for your application. Contact CSL to learn more.
CSL Creates Dual Mode RFID Access Card
Posted on Thursday, May 1st, 2014 by Transtech Systems
Wow, the innovation just keeps on happening at CSL. The latest Dual Mode RFID Access Card product was based on a customer request, so CSL developed a series of access control ID cards with dual UHF and HF RFID frequencies. For long range access control, the card utilizes the UHF signal boosted with Battery Assisted Passive (BAP) technology. For high security identification the card uses 13.56 MHz technology compatible with MiFare® or iClass®.
“We see a big opportunity for the Dual Mode Access Card series for providing physical and logical access in defense, enterprise and financial industries, said Adam Cartner, TransTech Systems. “The EPC UHF BAP technology provides access control for parking and building access and the Mifare® or iClass® HF technology provides high security login authentication for access to computers, documents or for payment.”
® iClass and ePROX are registered trademarks of HID Global in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Mifare® is a registered trademark of NXP Semiconductors in the U.S. and/or other countries.