RFID How Blog
CSL Family of RFID Antennas Are in Demand
Posted on Saturday, September 26th, 2015 by Transtech Systems
As more industries continue to take advantage of the benefits of RFID, the technology is finding its way into a growing number of diverse applications. In order to accommodate the best fist, performance and price for each individual application, CSL offers a variety of UHF RFID antennas.
- CSL’s circular polarized antennas are designed to read tags in any orientation for greater flexibility in implementation.
- For applications where the tag orientation and reading direction is known and controllable, CSL offers linear polarized UHF RFID antennas suited for both long-range and near-field operation.
- CSL’s ultra-thin UHF RFID antennas offer an extremely thin form factor (6mm) for applications with limited space for antenna mounting, such as retail display cabinets and conveyor belts. This antenna is perfect for use anywhere a thin form factor is needed, such as the retail store, document control and the production line.
- The CSL square near-field antenna is ideally suited for item-level tagging. Near-field technology enables items rich in water content to be tagged, including food and pharmaceutical products. With a versatile design and exceptional read rate, this square antenna can be mounted in various configurations in a range of environments, from the point of sale counter or factory production line, to a distribution center or hospital.
- CSL’s product offering of UHF RFID antennas also includes access control antennas to trigger operation of an electric door lock or barrister arm, offering LED lights and a buzzer for visual and audio alerts.
Whether you are deploying RFID for Cold Chain Logistics, Access Control, Retail Management, Warehouse Management, Asset Tracking or Healthcare, you can rest assured that CSL offers the right antenna for the best read performance for your application. Contact CSL to learn more.
CSL Creates Dual Mode RFID Access Card
Posted on Thursday, May 1st, 2014 by Transtech Systems
Wow, the innovation just keeps on happening at CSL. The latest Dual Mode RFID Access Card product was based on a customer request, so CSL developed a series of access control ID cards with dual UHF and HF RFID frequencies. For long range access control, the card utilizes the UHF signal boosted with Battery Assisted Passive (BAP) technology. For high security identification the card uses 13.56 MHz technology compatible with MiFare® or iClass®.
“We see a big opportunity for the Dual Mode Access Card series for providing physical and logical access in defense, enterprise and financial industries, said Adam Cartner, TransTech Systems. “The EPC UHF BAP technology provides access control for parking and building access and the Mifare® or iClass® HF technology provides high security login authentication for access to computers, documents or for payment.”
® iClass and ePROX are registered trademarks of HID Global in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Mifare® is a registered trademark of NXP Semiconductors in the U.S. and/or other countries.
CSL Delivers 3G Connectivity to Intelligent RFID Fixed Reader
Posted on Thursday, March 27th, 2014 by Transtech Systems
Convergence Systems Limited’s new CS208-3G RFID fixed reader is a truly intelligent integrated reader with an embedded edge server and diverse connectivity options including 3G Wireless. The CS208-3G continues CSL’s tradition of reliable RFID technology, adding 3G connectivity with high powered antenna to the CS208 platform to create the first truly intelligent integrated reader with an embedded edge server.
Offering all-weather and MIL-STD-810 durability, this ruggedized RFID reader delivers long read range and high read rate, with a wide selection of connectivity options: 3G/GSM/GPRS, GPS, SMS, Ethernet, USB and Serial. The CS208-3G reader is extremely versatile, and can be easily deployed outdoors or indoors for mobile or stationary applications, using either remote or local networks.
“The intelligent CS208-3G fixed reader offers a fully integrated ‘plug and play’ RFID system that is configurable and controllable via an intuitive ‘over-the-air’ interface,” said Jerry Garrett, managing director, Convergence Systems Limited. “Designed for remote RFID monitoring in severe environments, the CS208-3G is compatible with cellular frequencies, and is suitable for vehicle mounted applications using 3G, GPS and GPRS technology.”
Security for Peace of Mind
The CS208-3G integrated reader is ideally suited to stationary check in/check out asset management applications, as well as large area continuous scanning solutions in access control, event management, and inventory management. This intelligent reader is being used in conjunction with the CS9010 Battery Assisted Passive (BAP) ID card for a high-security child tracking solution. The BAP ID card, which can be read consistently and reliably when hanging from the neck or embedded in a wallet, backpack or purse, is tracked by the CS208-3G fixed reader, which then sends a wireless confirmation message to mobile devices to provide peace of mind for parents and school officials.
“The CS208-3G has given Infinium a significant ROI proposition for providing seamless mobile or fixed network connectivity in harsh operating environments like oil and gas, mining, logistics, mobile people tracking and defense,” says Vimal Shah, project director of Infinium Solutions.
CSL’s new CS208-3G RFID fixed reader can be used in highway toll stations, bus stops, container ports, warehouse docks and parking lots, etc. This versatile integrated reader is uniquely offered with circular polarization antenna, enabling use in dense, long-range environments. For a demonstration, visit RFID Journal LIVE!, at CSL’s booth #738.
- 3G/GSM/GPRS, SMS, Ethernet, USB and Serial connectivity
- Ruggedized (MIL-STD-810) integrated reader with long read range
- Dense Reader Mode (DRM) available
- Multiple choices of embedded edge servers with intelligent engine
- Application programming interfaces (APIs) ranging from high level HTTP to C# to low level C
- Best of breed circular polarized antenna performance with excellent axial ratio.