As RFID technology continues to advance, new solutions are constantly being developed to enable the benefits of improved efficiency and productivity across a range of industries. Manufacturing was one of the first industries to explore the capabilities of RFID more than two decades ago, and yet applications in this sector are still progressing all the time.
RFID solutions, such as those offered by CSL, are a proven enabler of profitability of RFID in manufacturing. Here are some of the ways that RFID helps businesses improve inventory management, work processes, quality control, shipping accuracy and overall efficiency:
RFID in Manufacturing Applications:
- RFID Track cases and pallets in distribution centers
- Manage RFID tagged raw material inventory for just-in-time manufacturing
- Track RFID tagged products through supply chain for quality control
- Automate time-consuming and error-prone manual processes by storing asset ID, QC and history with RFID.
- Ensure accuracy in assembly of packaged or bundled products
- Supply chain management with RFID reusable containers
- Automate preventive plant maintenance to minimize disruptions with RFID tagged equipment
- Streamline automated production lines for greater efficiency with RFID tagged Work-In-Progress assemblies.
- Early warning of corrosion or environmental stress in critical materials with RFID + Sensor tagged parts.
- Assure authenticity of industrial components subject to counterfeiting with RFID anti-counterfeit labels.